Sustainability & Community
As a family owned business that cares for the future of our children and the amazing environment around us, we are committed to ever evolving our practices of sustainability.
- We use 100% Green Energy here at Worendo Cottages. This means any electricity used here has zero emissions!
- We provide a waste station onsite that enables guests to separate their waste to minimise the amount that goes to landfill.
- We source our amenities, tea, coffee and as many products as we can from local sources to minimise food / product miles and promote lour local community.
- We provide sponsorship to local community organisations and charities in the form of prizes to help with their fundraising efforts.
- We are an inclusive destination. Our Barcoo cottage is accessible for people with disability. Our accessibility guide can be seen here.
- We are active members of our community involved in P&C, Local Tourism Organisations and sporting clubs.